COMPPÅ (Center on Membrane Protein Production and Analysis) is an NIH NIGMS P41 Biomedical Technology Research Resource (BTRR). COMPPÅ is operated as an independent research center under the direction of Dr. Wayne Hendrickson through the New York Structural Biology Center (NYSBC), a consortium of nine New York biomedical research institutions.
Technology Research and Development (TR&D) projects.
- TR&D 1 is engaged in developing technology for efficient production of recombinant membrane proteins.
- TR&D 2 develops technology for optimization of membrane protein samples for structural analysis.
- TR&D 3 is engaged in developing generic functional assays – applicable to a broad range of membrane proteins.
- TR&D 4 develops technology for structure determination.
Service and Collaboration component.
- COMPPÅ is open to the research community at large, including current collaborators.
Training and Dissemination component.
- Technologies developed by COMPPÅ are distributed to the membrane protein community, and we will also provide training on these technologies.